Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lush

The sun peeked out the other day. For just a few minutes the lake reflected the blue sky. Then it clouded up again and poured. Nature is just lush with all the rain we've had.
The peonies have been waiting to bloom. Finally, with those few hours of sunlight, a few of them popped out. They smell beautiful. I brought a few into the house and every once in a while I put my whole face into one and inhale deeply. They are so soft, as well as fragrant. The Showy Lady Slippers decided to bloom as well. Another gorgeous June flower...

2 comments:

Juliann said...

Beautiful! I love peonies! Ours bloomed and are gone already.

Kim said...

Sabrina, these photos are so beautiful and make me homesick for Minnesota! How blessed you are to live at such a pretty spot on the planet.

I'm sure you know how much I love and miss peonies. Did I ever tell you about the enormous peony garden at the Arboretum in Ann Arbor? Simply dazzling!

Thanks for posting these lovely pics. Oh, and if I didn't tell you so already, I love the new look of your blog! Gorgeous.

xoxo.