Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Water From Rock Bible Craft


Here is another Sunday School craft that Clancy helped me design.  It relates to the story of water from the rock found in Exodus 17.  
Moses struck the rock with his staff.
For the craft I had the kids glue down flat wooden toothpicks as the staff.  Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph the toothpick...  Just remember to add a staff using a toothpick, a twig, paper or even just draw it in with a black marker.
The templates may be photocopied onto standard 8.5x11" white card stock.  
Use a crafting blade to remove the cut-out from the rock, and put tiny cross-cuts where the paper clip goes through the rock and the wheel.
Cut out Moses and the sun ahead of time.
It is easiest if the kids just color the picture and pieces, and do the assembly with glue and the paperclip.
I also had the kids glue Exodus 17 to the back of the craft.  I think it is good to have the story included somewhere on the craft because some homes are less familiar with Scripture than others.  This way the craft also provides the story.


2 comments:

Samaramom said...

This is such a great idea. I was wondering if you could explain more or show a picture for how you attached the paperclip? I must be pretty dense! Thank you, Angela Young

Unknown said...

Love this! Can you believe it will be used now in 2023..thank you for sharing!