Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jackpot Vianne

When Anna Belle gave me twin ewe lambs that were white and katmoget, just like her '08 twin ewe lambs, I was pretty excited. Lyneth and Nhu are yearlings now and, without a doubt, they are my best sheep. They got everything good from both parents.
It appears as though Vianne and Niav, Anna's '09 lambs, are just as spectacular. Considering they have depressions in their skulls where many of my other ewes have bony lumps or knobs or points, I feel like I've hit the jackpot again with this pairing of Anna Belle to Bombarde. Time will tell how much they can contribute to my polled Shetlands goal. I hope it is quite a bit, though.

Vianne is aloof compared to her sister Niav, who literally climbs on me whenever I'm in the pasture. She looks like a clone of Lyneth from this time last year.



2 comments:

Juliann said...

Beautiful white ewes!

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Both photos are of the same ewe. :) But I see how I worded things, it could have been confusing. Thanks for visiting, Juliann.