Monday, September 28, 2009

Look Ma...No Horns!

Forgive me for being too tired to tell a long story...
In short, Garrett picked up my new ram lamb, S'more Courante, from Tori Gygi at the Jefferson show. And just this Sunday I was able to get down to Perham to pick him up. Oh! is he ever beautiful. Just as gorgeous and solid as I was hoping for. Thank you, Tori!
Gail and I had also arranged to trade a ewe lamb and a ram, each. We met in a parking lot in Long Prairie for the exchange. Thank heavens a very sweet couple offered to help us with the switcheroo! We now know that it takes at least 4 people to switch 4 sheep around in a parking lot. I'm sure we would have managed...but I'm GLAD we didn't have to. :) Gail and Emily, I just love the way Ash and January look out there in my pens. What a bonus to my fledgling polled program to have two such lambs!
I actually stopped in at Garrett's after meeting up with Gail. Lovely, lovely fleeces and sheep! And terrific conversation, as usual! And I got to feed the corgi clan my organic carrots. I just adore those little dogs!




Made it back home in the pouring rain by 10:30pm and just left the sheep in the hauler; it's nice and big. This morning Clancy and I unloaded the new sheep and then off to work. All was well by the time I got home again. But I can't wait for a slice of nice weather and time to go sit with them and get acquainted with them. They are really nice sheep!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVELY new additions! Trying not to be jealous . . . again . . . .

Gail V said...

Oh, so nice to see "the children" on your blog pages. It's so nice to know they're happily livin' with you up in Puposky!
I knew you'd have terrible rain-- in Southern MN the sun was shining again, I just had to drive a while to find it. Niav's in love with Emily; Parker's bloodied a little scur fighting with his roommates, but all are settling in together well. Pictures to come. GREAT to see you, great to exchange sheep.

Juliann said...

Sabrina, are all these photos rams? I'm so glad you bought Courante, he's awesome!

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

The black kat is Courante (ram). The little moorit going modified is also a ram-Little Red Oak Ash. And the moorit kat is a ewe that had a full-polled twin brother.

Courante IS awesome. He is just as wonderful as I had hoped. I got Ash for his polled genetics, but the rest of him is just wonderful too. He is nice and straight, tiny little tail, lovely modified color, and gorgeous crimpy soft wool. As soon as it stops raining I am going to try to get fleece photos up.

Feeling really blessed right now!