Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Late Summer Ewes

One of my new girls from Becky's farm: River Oaks Hannah.  She is so friendly.  It is hard to get a good photo of her because she is always so close.  I love her poll wool.  I want more fuzzy polls in my flock.  :)
Boston Lake Sian has taken over the flock from her mother 'Old Rachel.'  It was hard to watch Sian push her dam away from the salt tub and new food all this summer.  She had been a loyal daughter for four years.  I decided this spring to put Rachel down in the fall, and Siana's assumption of 'boss ewe' helped me realize I was making the right choice.
Most of the ewe flock...milling around...waiting for me to enter the pen and scratch their chins.
Sian's daughter by Bombarde...Boston Lake Leil.  Leil is an A-1 PEST.  She is first in line for cuddles, she bites the buttons off my sweaters and attacks my wedding ring every chance she gets.  She also chews on the electronet the minute the fencer is off...just to prove a point, I imagine.  She is the spoiled princess of the Matriarchy...always protected and favored within the flock.  Sheep know these things.
Little Red Oak January and her black katmoget ewe lamb, Boston Lake Esyllt.  Esyllt is my only Arvada daughter.  I love her to pieces.  She is MY little princess.

2 comments:

Rayna said...

What coats do you use, Sabrina? Beautiful ewes :)

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Hi Rayna,
I use Rocky Sheep Suits.

http://www.rockysheep.com/sheepcover/index.html

Have a great day!