Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunbursting With Happiness

For my dear friend, Kim, who was wondering how the house-building was coming along.  We are nowhere near finished.  But we are making progress.   :)
With the help of our good friend, Chuck, something happened yesterday that I have been looking forward to for many years...
The sunburst that Clancy designed and I painted was finally mounted at the peak of our South gable.
I love it. 
I love the colors. 
I love how Clancy managed to capture the idea I had in my head. 
I love its three dimension-ness.
It makes me happy to look up and see that this detail of our dream house has become a reality.

7 comments:

Nancy K. said...

That is AWESOME, Sabrina!

It's like the sun will be shining down on you in your new home. What a lovely touch!

Gail V said...

what a great, personal accent to add to your home exterior. Most people don't dare (that would be me, too) do more than the same thing everyone else does...

Kim said...

How wonderful, Sabrina! And though it may not be even close to "done," your house looks beautiful. Some day, I will once again see it (and you!) in person. Wishing you a day as sunny as your new decoration, my dear friend.
~ Kim

Christel said...

You world seems so content...Love your home.

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Thanks :) God has blessed us with this country life. It can be frustrating to live in an unfinished house. But it is a privilege to pursue a dream.

Becky Utecht said...

I love it too. Your house looks really nice and welcoming.

Spinners End Farm said...

A perfect detail for a lovely home.