Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fleece Samples

I just sent off fleece samples for micron testing.  And I will post again when that data comes back.  But for now, here are the fleeces that I will have available for sale this year.
All fleeces were coated, and come from purebred, Shetland ewes.  Last year's micron data on all but the lambs can be found on the "Fleece for Sale" page.  Prices will be posted after shearing and weighing the fleeces.
Justina
Black, lamb.

Francesca
Moorit, lamb.

Esyllt
Black Katmoget (appears white), 2 year old.

Penelope
Black, lamb.
Nhu
Black Katmoget (silver), 4 year old.

Vianne
White, 3 year old.
Hannah
Moorit, 6 year old.
Lana
Black Gulmoget (frosty black), 4 year old.
Jane
Black, lamb.  (why this one photo is sideways is beyond me!)
Carys
White, 2 year old.

Lyneth
White, 4 year old.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love that you place a ruler in the picture to show length, and I see all your samples fall in the 3-6" range, just as they should be according to the 1927 Standard. It's nice to see a fine fleece breeder dispell the myth that single coats are 2" or less. I am going to do all my future fleece photos with a ruler too. Thanks for the inspiration Sabrina.
Good looking fleece with nice crimp.